Packages, Please: A Ludum Dare 53 submission
Create a game in 72 hours with the theme 'Delivery'? Deal. A Paper's Please clone.
Written by: David Ward
Only 72 hours to make a game!
Yep. That’s Ludum Dare! Number 53.
Full breakdown and retrospective
This is TBD, as there was a LOT learned! But I want to be thorough. When I do create it, I will backlink from this post.
Until then… Enjoy the project. Scroll to the bottom for links.
- Multiple input support, and key icon changes depending on last used input
- Randomly generated customers - Always see a new face!
- Increasing difficulty - More rules get added over time
- Earning money to be able to afford rent… No government subsidies for you.
- Days - How long can you last until life is finally unafforable?
- Depressing random quotes from the poor citizens of the city with each parcel.
The project itself
Find it here! https://dvbb.itch.io/packages-please
- : I have updated this blog post to include the details of the project. I plan to write a full breakdown of how the 72 hours went in a new blog post in a future date.